Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The world doesn't belong to us

Let us say that I built a beautiful mansion, completely stocked with everything you needed to survive. I give you the mansion rent-free with the stipulation that you take care of it and manage it properly. Let us say the mansion looks like this.


I go away for a period of time and when I get back, it looks like this:



Do you think I might be angry that the people I lent it to free of charge? I would imagine that you would be. Same thing goes for Christians, Jews, Muslims and anyone else who believes God created the world and will one day return in some form. However, that apparently has not been considered in the odd marriage of the religious right and fundamentalists with corporate interests. It is that, or it has been conveniently ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment